Open Auditions For TAPA’s Rumors
Tillamook Association for the Performing Arts (TAPA) is delighted to announce open auditions for the hilarious hit comedy Rumors. Written by Neil Simon, Rumors is set in a New York townhouse, where the Deputy Mayor of New York has just shot himself. Though only a flesh wound, four couples are about to experience a severe attack of Farce. Gathering for their tenth wedding anniversary, the host lies bleeding in the other room and his wife is nowhere in sight. His lawyer and lawyer’s wife must get “the story” straight before the other guests arrive. As confusion and mis-communications mount, the evening spins off into classic farcical hilarity.
Auditions will be held at Oregon Coast Dance Center on Saturday October 17thstarting at 2:30 pm, and October 18th starting at 5:30 pm. Oregon Coast Dance Center is located at 106 Main Ave in Tillamook.
- Ken Gorman (40s) – well to do lawyer. Wealthy, but not pretentious. Takes charge of the situation. Married to Chris.
- Chris Gorman (30s) – another lawyer, married to Ken. Easily flustered, has recently quit smoking.
- Lenny Ganz (30s/40s) – wealthy accountant, distraught over the recent destruction of his new car. Intolerant of the gossipy lifestyle he’s involved in.
- Claire Ganz (30s) – Lenny’s wife. Very concerned with appearances. Likes to gossip.
- Ernie Cusack (50s) – a psychiatrist. Affable, smokes a pipe. Loves his wife very much.
- Cookie Cusack (40s) – has her own cooking show. Suffers from back spasms. Loves her husband very much. A bit absent-minded at times.
- Glenn Cooper (30s/40s) – running for State Senate. Worried about his reputation. Struggles with placating his wife, who is convinced he’s having an affair (which he may or may not be).
- Cassie Cooper (20s/30s) – Glenn’s wife. Obsesses over her husband’s relationships with other women. Quick to anger.
- Officer Welch (Male, 30-50) – city police officer having a rough night. Does not tolerate lying. Sees through the “classy” façade that these high-society types put up.
- Officer Pudney (Male, 20-30) – Welch’s partner, a strong but silent type.
Directed by Kelli McMellon, performances will run January 22nd – February 6th.
Audition packets are here: Rumors Audition Packet
TAPA is a non-profit community theater dedicated to providing high quality performing arts experiences through entertainment, education, and community participation.